Diane Irwin, age 75, of Bellingham, passed away May 8, 2014. Daughter of Fredrick Douglas and Grace (and Floyd) Paxton, Diane was born in Okanogan, Wash.
Dale E. Ward, age 85 of Tonasket, passed away on June 21, 2014 at his home near Tonasket. He was born on August 21, 1928 in Eagle City, Oklahoma.
Everett Russell Holmes, 94, of Aeneas Valley/Tonasket died June 12, 2014 in Brewster. He was born January 3, 1920 in Loomis, Washington to Cassias Russell and Julia (Cook) Holmes.
James E. Moss passed away October 26, 2013.
Katherin Anna (Sherling, Sutton) Tracy peacefully passed on May 30, 2014 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket. Katherin was born in Oroville, Washington on July 10, 1919 to Ernest and Emma Sherling of Molson.
Mark Coleman, 61, of Havillah, Wash., died May 19, 2014 in Wenatchee, Wash. Mark was born March 5, 1953 to Robert and Patricia Coleman in Sheldon, Iowa.
Nancy Dell Weyrick passed away on May 16, 2014 at her home in Renton, Wash. She was born Nancy Dell Sullivan on August 24, 1952 to Glelynn and Ivadelle Sullivan and was raised on the banks of Palmer Lake near Loomis, WA.
Memorial service for Katherine Ann Sawyer will be Saturday, June 14, 2004 at 11 a.m. at the Riverview Cemetery on Golden Road in Oroville.
Ernest D. Dahlgren, 66, of Tonasket died May 10, 2014 in Tonasket.
Robert A. Pinkerton passed peacefully away May 1, 2014 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket, Wash. Bob, as he was known by those who loved him, was born and raised in Corona, Calif. to Frank and Blanche Pinkerton July 23,1924.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140