TONASKET – Tonasket’s Armed Forces veterans and their supporters have created one of the state’s true crown jewels in its Legacy Project on the south end of the city. The Legacy Project, which serves as both a memorial and a service center, will be formally dedicated this Saturday, May 18, with a parade and ceremony. [...]
Mayor Patrick Plumb gets hosed down by a Tonasket Fire Department Truck during the Tuesday, ...
TACOMA – The most painful place of all to finish at the state ...
NORTH COUNTY - The Okanogan River, which has been at flood stage since late last week, began receding Wednesday morning after topping out at about 17.1 feet. The river is considered to be at flood stage at anything above 15.0 feet and has been there since May 10. At 17, flooding is considered “moderate” but water [...]
Larry Taylor, 79, was born April 4, 1934 in Cadillac, Mich. to Dale and Edith Taylor. He died on April 22, 2013 in Tonasket, Wash. He served in the United States Air Force for 13 years and was a retired Postal Service Carrier.
Mary Ann Sasse, age 78, of Tonasket passed away April 29, 2013 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket. Mary was born May 11, 1934 in Omak to Anna and Jim Bear. She lived her entire life in Pine Creek and Tonasket
TONASKET – Warm weather that is speeding up the annual mountain snow melt-off has brought about a flood watch for the Okanogan River, especially in the areas between Tonasket and Oroville.
Raymond J. Oliver, age 77 of Oroville, went home to be with the Lord on April 30, 2013 at the North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket. Ray was born on October 31, 1935 in Paris, Arkansas where he graduated from High School.
YAKIMA – Water levels in Osoyoos Lake are beginning to rise as the thermometer does the same. The lake straddles the British Columbia and Washington border near Oroville.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237