OKANOGAN – The Okanogan County Sheriff’s office has located and arrested a man they were seeking in the brutal stabbing and robbery of an Oroville man at the end of last month.
Photos from the North Siwash Creek Fire near Tonasket, and the aftermath of the firestorm ...
Jet skis filled the water at Deep Bay Park on Saturday, June 28, for the ...
The Tonasket Community Theater performed Shakespeare with a twist in June: Shakespeare’s “The Taming of ...
Normally a class reunion is a happy time, a time to catch up with classmates you haven’t seen in a long time, or at least since the last reunion. Last weekend’s OHS Class of 1979 reunion was a happy time, although as many of you may know by now, we lost a great friend and classmate, Fred Cook, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Jack D. Wood, 86, longtime Moses Lake resident passed away peacefully in his sleep Monday, August 18th at Moses Lake Senior Living. Jack was born August 1, 1928 in Chesaw, Wash. to Don Wood Sr. and Hazel (Mooney) Wood.
I spent Saturday afternoon with my phone turned off, tuned into … an NFL pre-season game featuring the Green Bay Packers and St. Louis Rams? Yes, really. I’m not that much of a football geek, though it’s close. But this was a first for me. On the field for the Packers was a wide receiver, [...]
Viet Nam vet returns to village where he fought, was wounded TONASKET – Talk about a stranger in a strange land. John Jones, along with his wife River and his Cambodian interpreter (and self-proclaimed body guard) arrived in Memae Village last spring. Near the Cambodia/Viet Nam border, the area is so remote that the sight [...]
OROVILLE – Councilman Walt Hart, serving as mayor pro tem, announced that JoAnn Denney will be Oroville’s new city clerk/treasurer following the retirement of Kathy Jones at the end of October.
Arthur Leroy Sims Jr., 45, Oroville, pleaded guilty Aug. 5 to two counts of distribution of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) and one count of unlawful use of a building for drug purposes. Sims was sentenced to 12 months in prison and fined $3,110.50 for the Dec. 12, 2011 crimes. A restitution hearing was scheduled for Oct. 13.
I’m sorry, I just couldn’t get very excited about the recent primary election – what’s that you say there was an election? Yep, and in Okanogan County it’s business as usual as most of our county offices that were up for election didn’t even get contested. And those that did, well the incumbent usually came out on top.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140