Ciqala Chayton Miller blessed us on June 2, 2000. Ciqala just graduated from 8th grade. He had just started working as a commercial fisherman last season.
Mr. Theron L. Davis, 79, a resident of Oroville, Washington, went home to live with Jesus on June 6, 2014. He was born in Mount Vernon, Washington February 13, 1935 the only child of William R. ‘Bill’ and Madonna ‘Donnie’ M. (Schroeder) Davis.
Mary Lee Shellum, age 84, of Burnsville, Minnesota, more recently Lakeville, Minnesota, went home to be with the Lord, Wednesday, July 2, 2014. She was preceded in death by her husband of almost 48 years, Luverne Stanley Shellum.
Surrounded by family, Thomas Griffith Jones passed away from his battle with cancer on July 1, 2014 at his home on Pine Creek in Tonasket. Tom was born to Evan and Ruth Jones on May 18, 1927 on Happy Hill in Conconully.
Edwardine Evelyn Lenke, 90, of Tonasket, Washington passed away on June 25 at the hospital in Wenatchee after a brief illness brought on by pulmonary fibrosis. “Eddy,” an only child, was born on May 23, 1924 in Moscow, Idaho where her parents Eston and Daisy Willis owned a grocery store.
Genon Shirley Pickering (a.k.a. Ma, Grandma Pick, Auntie Non, Mother Pick) passed peacefully on June 30, surrounded by family and listening to the classic country music she loved so much. Genon was born August 9, 1935, to Charles and Hazel Anderson.
Samuel Francis Rhynard, known as Frank most of his life, was born In Selah, Washington on Dec.20,1925. He was 88 at the time of his death on May 30, 2014.
Soren Petersen was born December 14,1941 in Omak and went to join his father, Lawrence, his mother, Elizabeth Karas, and his brother Tom, on June 22, 2014.
Bill Leavell was a man of many talents. He loved to do things his way and in his time! Bill was almost a Christmas baby; he was born on December 21, 1932. He loved the month of June for growing beautiful vegetables and flowers and he chose June 10, 2014 to meet his beloved Silky Terrier Grand Champion Bar-B’s Tawnymist Topias “Topi” and cross over the Rainbow Bridge to be together.
Gail R. Ware, age 61 of Wenatchee and Oroville, died on June 28, 2014 at home in Oroville. He was born on August 1, 1952 in Wenatchee to parents Orvin “Bud” and Ruth Ware.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140