Larry Taylor, 79, was born April 4, 1934 in Cadillac, Mich. to Dale and Edith Taylor. He died on April 22, 2013 in Tonasket, Wash. He served in the United States Air Force for 13 years and was a retired Postal Service Carrier.
Mary Ann Sasse, age 78, of Tonasket passed away April 29, 2013 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket. Mary was born May 11, 1934 in Omak to Anna and Jim Bear. She lived her entire life in Pine Creek and Tonasket
Raymond J. Oliver, age 77 of Oroville, went home to be with the Lord on April 30, 2013 at the North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket. Ray was born on October 31, 1935 in Paris, Arkansas where he graduated from High School.
Tommie June Riste of Twisp, Wash. passed away at home April 9, 2013 surrounded by her family. She was born June 21, 1940 in Ventura, Calif. to Earl and Norma Jones. She grew up in Naches, Wash. where she met and married Tom Riste on June 7, 1958.
Dirk Herbert Long, 55, Kailua-Kona Hawaii died April 10, 2013 at the Kona Community Hospital. Born in Pittsfield, Ill., March 6 1958 the son of Richard Leon and Ina Nadean Spann Long, he was the owner of American Housing in Japan.
After a long battle with cancer, Donna Lois Benitez, 61, of Tonasket, Wash., passed away at home with family by her side on April 22, 2013. She was born June 25, 1951 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Lee Bert Turner, 93, passed over the River Jordan on March 16, 2013. Lee was born in Chesaw on April 19, 1919
Louisa “Louise” Frederika Haskell, age 93, died March 11, 2013 in Tonasket, Washington. She was born May 30, 1919 in Wenatchee, Washington to Charles Thomson and Emma Louisa (Bourn) Haskell.
Phyllis Shenyer, 84 of Oroville passed away at North Valley Hospital in Tonasket on April 2, 2013. Phyllis was born on July 16, 1928 to Emil and Alice (Dickinson) Krupkat in Miller River, Wash.
Billie Lee Essary, age 66 of Oroville, went home to be with Jesus on April 12, 2013. Billie was born in Tonasket on January 11, 1947 to Lola Mae Willis and Joe Kenneth Keithey.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237