Kristin Denise Smith was born May 5, 1967 in Lakewood, Washington to DeWayne and Jeanette Smith.
Violet May (Dorrel) Utt, 87, of Riverside passed away August 5, 2014. Violet was born on February 13, 1927 to Orel Everett Dorrel and Nellie Alanta (Woods) Dorrel in Tonasket, Washington.
Donald Bert Sasse, age 81 of Tonasket, died on Thursday, July 31, 2014 at his home in Tonasket. He was born on September 16, 1932 in Omak, the only child of Burton and Mable Sasse.
Ellen C. Roberts went to be with her Lord and Savior on April 11, 2014 at her place of residence The Golden Years in Riverside, Washington. She was born July 8, 1910 to Alfred P Borg and Maude Williams Borg in Allen, Nebraska.
Maurine A. Steinbach, 87, a Moses Lake resident since 1993 passed away Friday, August 1, 2014 at Columbia Crest Care Center.
Tamara L. Sisk-Arment, 69 of Chesaw, died July 3, 2014 at home. She was born February 5, 1945 in Bremerton, Washington.
Julie Jo Frahm (Rainsberry-Mattson), age 55, passed away peacefully in her sleep on the morning of July 12th, 2014.
Delivered by the hard working hands of her father at the Burbery family ranch outside of Loomis, Wash. Joy was born January 13, 1934 to Samuel Richard “Dick” Burbery and Lula Lenora (Garrett). She was the youngest of their seven children and was raised with two sisters and four brothers: Harold Richard, Ellen Grace, John Leslie, Iris May, Charles Glen and Robert Lloyd.
I’m going to tell you a secret about Lorraine Wiswell Grant, 87, a secret she kept from nearly everyone — including her husband and me, her son — until she died in Tifton, Georgia, on Friday, July 25, 2014.
Gerald Eugene Scholz, age 83, was surrounded by his family and friends as he passed away peacefully from a courageous battle with cancer on July 16, 2014.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140