Ernest D. Dahlgren, 66, of Tonasket died May 10, 2014 in Tonasket.
Robert A. Pinkerton passed peacefully away May 1, 2014 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket, Wash. Bob, as he was known by those who loved him, was born and raised in Corona, Calif. to Frank and Blanche Pinkerton July 23,1924.
Gina J. Aldrich passed away on April 30, 2014 after complications following surgery for a rare form of abdominal cancer. Gina was born in Penticton, BC to George and Sophie Marchand on September 23, 1947.
There will be a graveside service for Greg Lawson on May 17, 2014 at 1 p.m. at the Riverview Cemetery in Oroville to bury his ashes.
Isadore “Ike” Williams passed away on Sunday, April 27, 2014. He was born on March 30, 1941 in Vernon B.C. to Edward Joe Williams and Lucy Kinbasket from Enderby B.C.
Pamela Snyman, 67, passed away at Confluence Hospital in Wenatchee, Wash. on April 28, 2014. Pamela was born April 26, 1947 in Kansas City, Missouri to Frank and Wilma Sheel.
Joseph Daniel passed away in Tonasket at North Valley Hospital on April 24, 2014 at age 89. He was born in Alabama on August 21, 1924.
Life celebration for Web Hallauer from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, May 25th at Oroville’s Lake Osoyoos Veterans Memorial Park.
Carl Portzline, born January 15th, 1938 passed away peacefully at home in Snoqualmie, Wash. on March 25, 2014 with his family by his side.
Ellen Roberts, 103, died April 11, 2014 in Riverside. A Celebration of her life will be held later in the summer.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140