OROVILLE – “Paradise in the Valley” is the theme for this year’s Oroville May Festival which pays tribute to Oroville’s location and Lake Osoyoos.
Arts and Entertainment
OROVILLE – Arnie Marchand has put together a collection of stories he has heard from the Okanogan Country in “The Way I Heard It: A Three Nation Reading Vacation,” a new book recently published by Xlibris books.
OROVILLE – Imagine. It’s a few days after Christmas. The gifts have been exchanged, friends and family have been well fed and well loved, it is nippy outside, and the kids are bored already…The perfect solution is just around the Christmas corner.
TONASKET – Diana Luca Brown will be directing four performances of “A Christmas Cinderella at the Community Cultural Center of Tonasket, Dec. 15-18. Performances will be Saturday, Dec. 15, at 6:00 p.m.; Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4:00 p.m.; and Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 16-17, at 1:00 p.m. in a pair of weekday matinees. Admission is [...]
Tonasket singer and songwriter Brock Hires will be performing this Friday in an unconventional venue: inside The Junction at the corner of US-97 and SR-20 on the south end of town.
Click on the slideshow below to see the rest of our Winterfest pictures!
TONASKET – The seventh annual CCC Benefit Auction highlights November events a the Community Cultural Center of Tonasket. The auction takes place Saturday, Nov. 10, with doors opening at 4:30 p.m. The silent auction begins at 4:30 p.m., gourmet dinner is at 5:30 p.m., silent auction closes at 7:00 p.m. and live auction starts at [...]
SEATTLE – Tumbleweed International Film Festival organizers are bringing a taste of the Okanogan to Seattle by holding Tumbleweed events every other month in the Seattle area.
NORTH COUNTY – This Halloween promises a lot of fun things to do in the North County, including the return of The Haunted Hayride and the Oroville Downtown Trick or Treat.
TONASKET – Some things just defy description, and A Cavallo is one of them. It doesn’t mean an attempt won’t be made, but really? Quill Hyde, Tonasket’s artist/engineer extraordinaire, designed and built the metal structure with a little help from a lot of friends, transforming what is best characterized as a pile of junk [...]
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237