OROVILLE – The Oroville School Board adopted a 2014-15 budget of nearly $8.5 million — about $24,000 more than the previous year’s budget.
TONASKET – The Tonasket School District has scheduled a series of meetings in order to give the community a chance to visit with Superintendent Paul Turner regarding the future direction of the school district. The meetings (which include ice cream) will be geared toward gathering information that will be used in strategic planning sessions in [...]
OROVILLE – After 33 years as a teacher in Oroville, Doug Kee retired at the end of this school year. He spent most of his time as a fifth grade teacher at Oroville Elementary School.
TONASKET – Tonasket School District employees may soon be feeling the full effects of the Affordable Care Act in their pocketbooks, and Superintendent Paul Turner said that he and the district’s various unions are having discussions over ways to mutually minimize those effects, he reported at the Monday, June 26, school board meeting.
OROVILLE – On Monday, June 23 the Oroville School Board denied the renewal of social studies teacher Ryan Frazier’s contract drawing vocal, often loud, criticism from many in attendance as well as threats to call in the police to clear the board room.
As the initial step in bringing The Leader in Me to the students at Oroville Elementary, more than thirty elementary staff members completed The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and Vision training with Pat Cushing, Franklin Covey Foundation trainer, last week.
OROVILLE – Although the decision wasn’t announced during the Monday, May 26 Oroville School Board meeting, it appears OHS Principal Kristin Sarmiento will not be transferred back to a teaching position for the 2014-15 school year.
TONASKET – Eighth graders may soon be eligible to participate in some high school sports in the Tonasket School District as the school board is considering a proposal outlined by Athletic Director Kevin Terris at the board’s Monday, May 12, meetin
OROVILLE – Tam Hutchinson was asked to speak to the Oroville School Board about the Running Start students under his care at the board’s Monday, April 28 meeting.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140