Areas remaining open until March 31 include Okanogan River: From the mouth to the Highway 97 Bridge in Oroville, except closed one hour after sunset on March 17th from the first powerline crossing downstream of the Hwy 155 Bridge in Omak (Coulee Dam Credit Union Building) to the mouth of Omak Creek, and from the Tonasket Lagoons Park boat launch to the Tonasket Bridge (4th Street); and Similkameen River: From the mouth to 400 feet below Enloe Dam.
Sports and Outdoors
Boys Soccer Baseball Softball (Fastpitch) Girls Tennis Boys Tennis Track & Field Tonasket Meets Oroville Meets Top individual performances 1A Districts 6/7 (Tonasket) Top individual performances 1B/2B Districts 5/6/7 (Oroville)
OROVILLE – Oroville’s Heidi Hylton has been competing for two years in horse endurance riding and for a relative newcomer has racked up some impressive results.
Brewster girls win 1A state championship to highlight Okanogan County accomplishments at on state hoops title Saturday.
Scores for Caribou Trail League, Central WAshington League, Okanogan Co. teams at state hoops tourneys
Scores of state tournament basketball games featuring Caribou Trail League, Central Washington League teams.
TONASKET – Tonasket varsity basketball players will be challenging Tiger alumni on Wednesday, March 6, at 7:00 p.m. at the Tonasket High School gym. Proceeds from the game will go toward the Tonasket youth baseball and softball programs. Ticket prices are $3 for adults and $2 for students, and donations are also accepted.
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Release
Boys regional playoffs, scores for remaining 1A CTL and 2B CWL teams 1A Regionals – winners to state next week in Yakima, losers out Okanogan 57, Columbia (Burbank) 34 Granger 73, Brewster 70 (OT) Cashmere 68, Zillah 53 1A Regional Bracket 2B Regionals – winner to state next week in Spokane, losers out Wahkiakum 63, Liberty Bell [...]
CTL girls continue their domination of the 1A post-season; White Swan lone CWL 2B team still standing.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237