Photos from the North Siwash Creek Fire near Tonasket, and the aftermath of the firestorm that destroyed a significant portion of Pateros’ residential section at the south end of Okanogan County.
Jet skis filled the water at Deep Bay Park on Saturday, June 28, for the first of two days of racing. Competition continues Sunday.
The Tonasket Community Theater performed Shakespeare with a twist in June: Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed in its original language but set in the late 1960s.
CHENEY – Sierra Speiker runs with such precision, you could calibrate a metronome to her pace. And despite a ruthless drive to achieve sometimes unattainable goals, she has carried herself with such grace that often her vanquished competitors are as excited as Speiker after the Oroville senior leaves them quickly receding in the rear view [...]
Founders Day Parade, Shane Proctor Invitational Rodeo, Tonasket Street Dance … we may not have seen it all, but we saw a lot!
Photos by Gary DeVon
Tigers, Hornets gear up for post-season OROVILLE – A monsoon-like deluge delayed the start of Saturday’s Draggoo Financial Oroville Invitational, but once the rain was finished, the weather cooperated on about as nice a day as one could hope for at a spring track meet. That translated into a lot of personal bests for quite [...]
Drill serves its purpose, exposes issues TONASKET – The inability of first response personnel to communicate after leaving Tonasket and heading up Highway 20 is no secret. Anyone who has tried to use their cell phone while on the road knows this, as do ambulance, police and sheriff’s officers that have had to respond to [...]
Tonasket’s favorite Flamenco duo performed at the Community Cultural Center in April.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140