TONASKET – Setting the projected enrollment for the following school year is a critical though typically routine task for school districts as they must look into the proverbial crystal ball and estimate what sort of funding they will receive from t
TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board had a full and varied slate to discuss at the Monday, March 24, board meeting, covering everything from finances to curricula, grading methods and a spectrum of administrative reports.
OROVILLE – Brad Scott was added to the Oroville School Board in the second at-large position, bringing the board to a full compliment of five members for the first time in nearly a year.
Currently in Okanogan County there are two WSU Upward Bound programs, the first, which has been serving the Omak and Okanogan high schools for ten years and the newest program, serving a maximum of 60 students from Tonasket and Oroville high schools.
Missoula Children’s Theatre presented Beauty Lou and the Country Beast, an original country western adaptation of the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast on Saturday, March 1 at the THS Commons.
TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board has every intention of making another attempt at passing a capital improvement bond to fund expansion and upgrades of the school facilities.
OROVILLE – Along with approving changes to the future school calendars, the Oroville School Board heard how iPads had replaced picture cutouts as one way non-verbal students could communicate.
TONASKET – Tonasket High School’s Winterfest Celebration will be March 3-7. Planned activities are as follows: Dress-up Days Monday, March 3: Class Color Day 9th grade wear Green, 10th wear Blue, 11th wear Purple 12th wear Pink Tuesday, March 4: Twin Day Wednesday, March 5: Superhero/Villain Day Thursday, March 6: Nationality Day Friday, March 7: [...]
Public Hearing scheduled before board meeting TONASKET – The need to expand and upgrade facilities is still there; the money, however, is not. The Tonasket School Board called a special meeting Monday, Feb. 17, to try to figure out its next move in the wake of the failure of its $6 million bond measure for [...]
TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board will hold a public hearing to receive community input the school bond on Monday, Feb. 24 from 7 to 8 p.m. in the board room.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140