Submitted by Joseph Enzensperger
Master, Oroville Grange
OROVILLE – The economic downturn in the U.S. economy is hitting hard here in Oroville. Our Main Street is struggling from the lack of spendable Income in the hands of our people. Jobs are hard to find and often wages are not keeping pace with the cost of living. We need local solutions from local people. To facilitate this process the Oroville Grange is hosting and Economic Round Table at the Grange 622 Fir St. Oroville on Saturday, Jan. 30.
The Economic Round Table Schedule:
- 10 a.m.: Doors open for Registration, Socializing, Coffee and Doughnuts.
- 10:30 a.m.-11 a.m.: General discussion and Overview of current Economic conditions, Introductions by participants including current employment and ideas for the future.
- 11 a.m.-11:45 a.m.: Forestry and Mining Panel Discussion
- 12-12:30 p.m.: Lunch provided by Grange
- 12:45 p.m-1:30 p.m: Local Food Producers Panel Discussion (Small Farms, Farmers Market, Local Meat Producers, Orchards, Value-added Agriculture Products)
- 1:45 p.m-2:30 p.m.: Main St. Oroville (Ideas for new businesses and re-vitalizing existing businesses)
- 2:45 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Outdoor Recreation and Tourism (Pacific Northwest Trail, year-round attractions, events to attract new visitors, guiding services, outfitters)
- 3:45 p.m- 4:30 p.m.: Service Contractors (Construction, Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, Automotive)
- 4:30 p.m-5 p.m.: Concluding remarks and future plans for discussions and working groups.
- If you are unemployed or under-employed or are looking for a new way forward in planning your future economic security, plan to attend the Economic Round Table on Saturday, Jan. 30. By working together as a community we can solve the problems we face. WE hope to see you there. Contact Joseph Enzensperger 476-4072 or e-mail: email@example.com.