I would like to personally apologize to Tonasket School Board candidates Clint Duchow and Jeff Yeckel for an error I wrote on the election night ballot count. I wrote that Yeckel had won the race according to the first ballot count, which is unofficial because on election night ballots that remain to come in with postmarks by election day and those that are dropped at ballot boxes still needed to be counted. In addition, Duchow, actually had a slight lead over Yeckel in the first count. This error was entirely my own and for that I apologize to the candidates and the readers. The Gazette-Tribune strives to get the facts right and in this case I missed that mark.
Editor’s Correction and apology
About Gary DeVonGary DeVon is the managing editor of the Okanogan Valley Gazette-Tribune and celebrated his 25th year at the newspaper in August 2012. He graduated from Gonzaga University with a degree in Communications - Print Journalism, with an emphasis in photojournalism. He is a proud alumnus of Oroville High School. His family first settled in Okanogan County in the late 1800s. His parents are Judy DeVon and the late Larry DeVon and he has two younger brothers - Dante and Michael. Many family members still call Oroville home. He has a grown daughter, Segornae Douglas and a young granddaughter, Erin.
Subscribe & Connect
- Drug Task Force arrests five in Okanogan area
- Public upset over Tonasket Police Department issues
- ‘No confidence’ in Tonasket mayor voiced by two councilmembers
- Stage 1 burn ban begins Sunday in Okanogan, Ferry, Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Pend Oreille and Stevens counties
- Public Safety meeting about Tonasket contracting with sheriff’s office