Tonasket’s CCC has it all
- Dear Editor,
- Saturday, April 14th brought Flamenco music and dancing to the Community Cultural Center in Tonasket. I am so glad the Gazette-Tribune was there to take pictures to show the people in Okanogan County the kind of entertainment we are bringing to the Center.
- So often I read in both Okanogan County papers about all the things that a vibrant community can offer to the people who live here. And last week at the CCC I was able to enjoy a performance by two professionals who would not have come if it hadn’t been for the efforts of the CCC Board of Directors, many volunteers, and a matching grant from The Washington State Arts Commission and The National Endowment For the Arts.
- Since moving to Tonasket three years ago I have seen many talented artists and musicians perform at the Center. I hope the Gazette-Tribune continues its media coverage of these events so that more people will know about and then come and enjoy all the cultural offerings at the Center.
- The CCC event calendar is chock full of interesting and entertaining events every month. In fact, Tonasket High School chose the Center for their senior prom this past weekend. In two weeks the Okanogan Highland Alliance will present their last natural history of Okanogan County presentation for the season, with an expert talking about butterflies in the Northwest. And beginning On June 29th, the CCC will kick-off their Music in the Park series in History Park for the second summer in a row.
- There is just so much diverse entertainment happening at the Center! I think The Gazette-Tribune will have many more opportunities to cover what’s going on at the CCC much to the benefit of all the people living in the north Okanogan.
- Jean Pfeifer