Brewster’s 12 3-pointers keyed a 22-point win over Tonasket on Dec. 19.
Tonasket High School
Brewster runs up a 69-point victory over the Tonasket girls
TONASKET – The 68-22 final score notwithstanding, Tonasket girls basketball coach Mike Larson was pleased with his team’s outing against Chelan, the second state title contender the Tigers faced in four days. The Tigers stuck with the Goats for a little while, trailing 16-8 at one point in the first half. Chelan went on to [...]
Tonasket led Chelan at halftime before falling on Saturday, 55-34.
TONASKET – Defending state girls basketball champion Okanogan ran to a 26-2 first quarter lead at Tonasket on Tuesday, Dec. 11, coasting to a 66-8 victory over the Tigers. Okanogan led 37-6 at the half. Tonasket managed just one basket in the second half, which was shortened considerably by the running clock rule that took [...]
TONASKET – Jim Townsend scored 25 points, many of them off of offensive rebounds, as Okanogan handed Tonasket the Tigers’ first loss of the season on Tuesday, Dec. 11. The unbeaten (5-0) Bulldogs raced to a 26-7 lead early in the second quarter, but the Tigers got back in the game with a 15-2 run [...]
Tonasket’s boys basketball team used a huge third quarter run to pull away from stubborn Oroville in the rivals’ only meeting of the season on Friday, Dec. 4.
Oroville’s girls basketball team edged Tonasket 35-33 in a white-knuckler on Friday, Dec. 7.
Tonasket wins at Lake Roosevelt, hosts rival Oroville this Friday.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140