OKANOGAN – It looks like Ray L. Campbell will be the new Okanogan County Commissioner in Position 2, according to the results of the manual recount released Tuesday evening.
OKANOGAN – What a difference 10 days makes.
It looks like Supt. Steve Quick got the miracle he was hoping for as Oroville School District’s three-year capital improvement levy is now ahead in the ballot count by 45 votes.
OKANOGAN – While the country tries to decide on the next president in the upcoming general election, there are only 30 days before the county sends out ballots and several state and local races need to be decided a well.
Several deadlines are also fast approaching, including the last day for mail-in voter registrations and updates for the Nov. 2 general election. This deadline is Saturday, Oct. 6, but registrations and updates can be filed online as late as Monday, Oct. 8 (Columbus Day). The last day for in-person registration for voters not currently registered in the state for the general election is Monday, Oct. 29.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237