OKANOGAN – It looks like Ray L. Campbell will be the new Okanogan County Commissioner in Position 2, according to the results of the manual recount released Tuesday evening.
OKANOGAN – What a difference 10 days makes.
It looks like Supt. Steve Quick got the miracle he was hoping for as Oroville School District’s three-year capital improvement levy is now ahead in the ballot count by 45 votes.
OKANOGAN – While the country tries to decide on the next president in the upcoming general election, there are only 30 days before the county sends out ballots and several state and local races need to be decided a well.
Several deadlines are also fast approaching, including the last day for mail-in voter registrations and updates for the Nov. 2 general election. This deadline is Saturday, Oct. 6, but registrations and updates can be filed online as late as Monday, Oct. 8 (Columbus Day). The last day for in-person registration for voters not currently registered in the state for the general election is Monday, Oct. 29.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140