LOOMIS – The tombstone arrived at the gravesite in Loomis 110 years after the occupant made the trip. There may have been a time when the small society of the old mining camp knew well just who and what Charles E. Long was in 1894. In 2004, the chiseled name was only a mystery. His eternal resting place in the Mountain View Cemetery had been long-ago forgotten, the original marker destroyed in an earlier wildfire. No record of this internment existed. Maybe there had been some kind of mistake.
OROVILLE – Bernice “Bunny” and Ike Williams are the new owners of the Shop Tavern located at 2002 Main Street in Oroville. The business will be managed by their son, Richard Williams.