UPDATE: Even after the second vote count all incumbents for office, except Lael Duncan for North Valley Hospital Commissioner, have been returned to their previous posts. In fact, as of last Friday’s vote count, Teresa Hughes has gained in her run for the NVH Commissioner Position 5 seat. Dick Larson, in Position 4 for the Hospital Board maintained his lead against challenger Rosa Snyder.
OROVILLE – All positions open at the top of Oroville city government have challengers this upcoming Tuesday, Nov. General Election. Chris Allen is challenging Chuck Spieth for the top spot at mayor, Russell Round challenges Jon Neal for Position 1 and Paul Bouchard challenges Tony Koepke for Position 2. The Gazette-Tribune asked the candidates to give us a little information about themselves, why they’re running and what issues are important to them.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140