OROVILLE – The Oroville Lady Hornets basketball team hopes to go even further in league play this year than they did last.
Sports and Outdoors
OROVILLE – With four games under their belts, the Oroville Hornets boys basketball team is looking forward to league play.
TONASKET – At the Tonasket girl’s volleyball banquet on Nov. 14, several players were given awards they had earned throughout the season.
OROVILLE – Carlos Herrera was name to the NCW2B First Team on both the offensive and defensive line as voted on by the football coaches in the league at a recent meeting.
TONASKET – The Caribou Trail League announced those players in football, volleyball, soccer and cross country that have made the All League Team.
TONASKET-Macho-Man volleyball raised money for the T-Club at Tonasket High School on Wednesday, Nov. 12.
TACOMA – A former Tonasket High School football player and senior at the University of Puget Sound was recently named to the ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-District team.
It was a sister and brother hunting season as Haley and Andrew Grillo from Tonasket each had successful hunts…
Alex Mershon, from the Frosty Creek area, shot his first buck with a Youth Permit near the Eder Ranch…
KETTLE FALLS- On a misty night so cold spectators could see steam coming off of the players, the Tonasket Tigers put together four quarters against the Kettle Falls Bulldogs on Friday, Nov. 7 to come out with a win.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237