Tonasket led Chelan at halftime before falling on Saturday, 55-34.
Washington Interscholastic Activities Association
Saturday’s high school sports action
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Brewster 76, Omak 35 Okanogan 66, Cascade 45 Entiat 73, Liberty Bell 33 (NL) Manson def. Waterville (NL) Almira-Coulee/Hartline 58, Kittitas 45 (NL) Sunnyside Christian 76, White Swan 52 (NL) Pateros 53, Lake Roosevelt 43 (NL) Girls basketball standings / scores / schedules Boys Basketball Brewster 56, Omak 47 Okanogan 63, Cascade 46 Liberty Bell 61, [...]
OROVILLE – Oroville staged a huge fourth quarter comeback, outscoring Omak 20-7 over the final eight minutes, but fell three points short in a 46-43 non-league girls basketball loss to the Pioneers on Dec. 11. The Hornets scored just two points in the second quarter in falling behind 25-13 at the half. Briana Moralez scored [...]
OROVILLE – Gil Ildelfonso scored a career-high 15 points, but it wasn’t enough for the Oroville boys basketball team as the Hornets fell to Omak on Tuesday, Dec. 11, 56-42. Omak led 30-20 at halftime, but the Pioneers pulled further ahead in the third quarter as Marvin Frank scored 11 of his game-high 24 points. [...]
TONASKET – Jim Townsend scored 25 points, many of them off of offensive rebounds, as Okanogan handed Tonasket the Tigers’ first loss of the season on Tuesday, Dec. 11. The unbeaten (5-0) Bulldogs raced to a 26-7 lead early in the second quarter, but the Tigers got back in the game with a 15-2 run [...]
CTL and CWL Scores for Tuesday.
Tonasket’s boys basketball team used a huge third quarter run to pull away from stubborn Oroville in the rivals’ only meeting of the season on Friday, Dec. 4.
Oroville’s girls basketball team edged Tonasket 35-33 in a white-knuckler on Friday, Dec. 7.
OROVILLE – It’s no surprise that a young team facing a superior opponent might struggle, and that was certainly the case for the Oroville boys as they fell hard to Chelan in a non-league basketball contest on Saturday, Dec. 8, 74-22. Hornets coach Allen Allie said that while he’s seeing plenty of improvement with his [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140