TONASKET – Tonasket’s boys basketball team held off Lake Roosevelt 53-50 despite 29 points from Chance Garvin in the first round of the Tonasket Christmas Tournament. Key 3-pointers from Trevor Terris and Derek Sund helped the Tigers avoid the upset. Tonasket plays Liberty Bell at 7:30 pm on Saturday for the tournament title. Lake Roosevelt [...]
Tonasket Boys Basketball
TONASKET – Tonasket came back from an 11-point deficit but couldn’t finish off Chelan in a grueling defensive matchup on Dec. 20. Derek Sund got a good look at a game-tying 15-foot buzzer-beater, but the ball rimmed out as time expired.
OKANOGAN – Tonasket’s boys basketball team served notice that it can play with the best in the Caribou Trail League on Tuesday, going the distance with league favorite Okanogan before falling 68-58.
OROVILLE – Oroville girls beat Tonasket 46-10; Tiger boys return the favor over Hornets, 74-37. Stories in this week’s print edition.
TONASKET – Dyllan Gage, Colton Leep and Derek Sund all scored in double figures as Tonasket built a 23-7 lead after one quarter and coasted past Lake Roosevelt on Dec. 9.
TONASKET – Seven Tigers scored six or more points as Tonasket outlasted Kettle Falls in the Tigers’ home opener.
WINTHROP – Tonasket’s boys basketball team opened its season with a tough, 69-60 victory at Liberty Bell on Dec. 6.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140