YAKIMA – Smoky skies continue to blanket much of Central and Eastern Washington as a number of fires burn from the Canadian border to the Columbia River border with Oregon. Smoke from the lightning-sparked wildfires is gathering in the foothills and valleys of the Cascade Range around Wenatchee, Ellensburg and Yakima and the ranges around Spokane, Clarkston and elsewhere in the Columbia Basin.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237