OKANOGAN COUNTY – Oroville School District’s special three-year $1.2 million capital improvement levy had widened to 17 votes from passing as of the second ballot count following the Nov. 6 general election.
OKANOGAN COUNTY – While the U.S. cast its vote to return Barack Obama to the Whitehouse for a second term, Tuesday’s unofficial election-night results show that Okanogan County voted with most of the nation’s rural areas and favored Republican challenger Mitt Romney by a wide margin.
It is sad that the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife after purchasing who knows how much land in Okanogan County is still not satisfied with what they have. It is also sad that our county commissioners are allowing this trend to continue, stating that they do not want to get between a willing seller and a willing buyer.
OKANOGAN – Ray Campbell, Republican candidate for Okanogan County Commissioner District 2, announced his opposition to the proposed roundabout at the junction of Highway 97 and Cameron Lake Rd./Armory Junction Rd. The roundabout, which the candidate says would require a severe reduction in speed on our major transportation highway, is being proposed by the state [...]
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237