OROVILLE – A fire in the early morning hours last Sunday at Hometown Pizza and Pasta in Oroville was limited to mostly smoke damage because of the quick reporting by the owner of the recently opened Pastime Bar and Grill.
Pastime Bar & Grill
OROVILLE – The Oroville City Council approved a one percent increase in the city’s ad valorem tax, the most they can ask for without a vote of the people, at their Tuesday, Nov. 6 meeting.
The measure would allow the city to collect $252,742 during 2013 to add to the city’s coffers, according to City Clerk Kathy Jones.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237