Pamela Snyman, 67, passed away at Confluence Hospital in Wenatchee, Wash. on April 28, 2014. Pamela was born April 26, 1947 in Kansas City, Missouri to Frank and Wilma Sheel.
Oroville School District
NORTH COUNTY – Three of the four ballot measures involving Tonasket and Oroville School Districts were passing as of the initial Tuesday, Feb. 11, vote count, but one was going down to a decisive defeat. Tonasket’s Proposition 2, a bond to expand and improve the school’s facilities, had 50.7 percent voting in favor (541-526). But [...]
Friday night basketball vs. Tonasket still on OROVILLE – A gas leak in the Oroville High School chemistry lab resulted in the early release of all students and staff Friday, Dec. 13, at 10:30 a.m. Superintendent Steve Quick said initial examination indicated that the leak was small but noted that any size leak is not [...]
OKANOGAN – The new assessment of property within the Oroville School District is complete and while most won’t notice much of an increase, those with lakefront property will see taxes rise, according to Okanogan County Assessor Scott Furman.
OROVILLE – Oroville teacher George Thornton received a plaque acknowledging his 33 years of service from the school board at their Monday, May 20 meeting.
“One of the first administrators from when George started teaching said in his evaluation that he was going to make an impact on his community… that’s just what he’s done,” said Superintendent Steve Quick.
OKANOGAN – What a difference 10 days makes.
It looks like Supt. Steve Quick got the miracle he was hoping for as Oroville School District’s three-year capital improvement levy is now ahead in the ballot count by 45 votes.
OKANOGAN – What a difference a week makes, it looks like Supt. Steve Quick got the miracle he was hoping for as Oroville School District’s three-year capital improvement levy is now ahead in the ballot count by 58 votes.
Gold mine one-quarter of total taxable property valuation OROVILLE – The Oroville area is undergoing a new assessment by the Okanogan County Assessor’s office to determine property values within the school district for taxation purposes. “We have just started to appraise the properties in the Oroville School District. We are under the new annual assessment, [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140