Tonasket’s boys basketball team used a huge third quarter run to pull away from stubborn Oroville in the rivals’ only meeting of the season on Friday, Dec. 4.
Oroville High School
Oroville’s girls basketball team edged Tonasket 35-33 in a white-knuckler on Friday, Dec. 7.
OROVILLE – It’s no surprise that a young team facing a superior opponent might struggle, and that was certainly the case for the Oroville boys as they fell hard to Chelan in a non-league basketball contest on Saturday, Dec. 8, 74-22. Hornets coach Allen Allie said that while he’s seeing plenty of improvement with his [...]
OROVILLE – Despite absorbing a 33-point loss, Oroville girls basketball coach Mike Bourn was happier with his team’s performance Saturday, Dec. 8, than he was with the previous night’s two-point win over Tonasket. “That’s a very, very good Chelan team,” he said. “Courtney Dietrich is 6-1 and they had a couple of other tall players, [...]
Foul trouble and one bad quarter costly for Hornets at Republic on Dec. 4.
Oroville girls outshot 38-8 at foul line in first loss of the season.
CURLEW – Oroville’s girls basketball team raced to an early lead Saturday, Dec. 1, at Curlew and coasted to a 51-28 victory over the Cougars to win their second game in two days. “They had a couple of good guards that bombed in some early threes,” said Oroville coach Mike Bourn. “But we were a [...]
Hornets overcome struggles at the line to win opener, 49-34.
Waitsburg-Prescott wasn’t able to stop the Oroville offense very often.
Problem was, the Hornets couldn’t stop the W-P offense at all.
The Cardinals, trying for their second straight state 2B championship, ran over, around and through the Oroville defense to a 54-26 victory in Friday’s opening-round playoff game at Pasco’s Edgar Brown Stadium.
OROVILLE – Oroville will see a familiar set of uniforms across the line of scrimmage when they line up for the first round of state 2B playoff action on Friday. The Waitsburg-Prescott Cardinals ousted Oroville from the playoffs in 2010 and went on to win the state championship in 2011. Good news for Oroville: standout [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140