RICHLAND – Oroville’s record-breaking girls basketball season came to an end Saturday in Richland as the DeSales Irish pulled away in the second half to post a 50-32 victory over the Hornets in 2B regional action. DeSales advances to the eight-team state tournament in Spokane next weekend. The Hornets, playing in their first-ever state regional [...]
Oroville Girls Basketball
WENATCHEE – The Oroville girls basketball team had swept Lake Roosevelt in their two regular-season contests. But that didn’t mean a thing Saturday as the Raiders pushed the Hornets into overtime before Oroville pulled away to a 51-38 victory. The Hornets reached the regional round of 16 for the first time in school history. Oroville [...]
WENATCHEE – A staunch defensive effort wasn’t enough for the upset Wednesday, Feb. 19, as the Oroville girls basketball team dropped a hard-fought defensive battle to White Swan, 45-31. The Hornets held White Swan to 14 points below its average, and its lowest point total since a December lost to Sunnyside Christian, but had to [...]
Oroville’s girls built 23 point lead and held off a Lake Roosevelt rally to clinch their first league title in memory. The Hornet boys showed patience and discipline in building a five point lead over Lake Roosevelt early in the third quarter, but turnovers proved costly as the Raiders rallied in in the second [...]
Oroville girls win on the road at Lake Roosevelt Tonasket girls fall at Cashmere Oroville boys lose to LR Cashmere beats Tonasket boys
MANSON – Oroville improved to 4-0 in Central Washington League play with a 62-33 victory at Manson on Tuesday, Jan. 21. The Hornets play at Lake Roosevelt in a showdown for the league’s top spot on Thursday.
OROVILLE – Nine Hornets reached the scoring column and three – Lily Hilderbrand, Mikayla Scott and Brittany Jewett – hit double figures as Oroville beat Riverside Christian 53-21 on Saturday, Jan. 18.
BRIDGEPORT – Oroville’s girls basketball team outscored Bridgeport in every quarter on Jan. 16 to improve to 2-0 in Central Washington 2B League play.
OROVILLE – Oroville’s girls basketball team stayed on even terms with undefeated Entiat into the fourth quarter, but the illness-depleted Hornets faded down the stretch to fall 39-30.
OROVILLE – Lily Hilderbrand scored 16 points and Mikayla Scott added 10 as Oroville’s girls basketball team jumped to a 20-4 lead and cruised past Kittitas on Jan. 11, 54-17.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140