The potential for an ordinance that would permit all-terrain or off-road vehicles on Tonasket city streets received plenty of attention at the Tuesday, Sept. 11, Tonasket City Council meeting. Though no specific ordinance has yet been proposed, it has been on the council’s agenda several times in the past couple of months, and a number of residents were present to discuss the issue.
North Central ATV Club
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237