OROVILLE – The preliminary results of the bid to construct a new water reservoir north of Oroville has come in higher than what the city’s engineers, Varella and Associates, had estimated.
North Central ATV Club
The potential for an ordinance that would permit all-terrain or off-road vehicles on Tonasket city streets received plenty of attention at the Tuesday, Sept. 11, Tonasket City Council meeting. Though no specific ordinance has yet been proposed, it has been on the council’s agenda several times in the past couple of months, and a number of residents were present to discuss the issue.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140