OLYMPIA - State Sen. Brian Dansel and Reps. Joel Kretz and Shelly Short invite residents of the 7th Legislative District to discuss state legislative issues during an hour-long telephone town hall at 7 p.m. Monday. To take part in the toll-free Feb. 3 call, residents should dial 1-877-229-8493 and enter PIN# 112381. The phone line will open shortly before the call begins. To ask questions of [...]
TONASKET – Final revisions to the Tonasket School District’s bond and levy packages were approved at the Monday, Dec. 16, school board session.
OLYMPIA – Seventh District Representatives Joel Kretz and Shelly Short say they won’t be vying for the Senate seat being vacated by Bob Morton the first of the new year.
OKANOGAN COUNTY – Oroville School District’s special three-year $1.2 million capital improvement levy had widened to 17 votes from passing as of the second ballot count following the Nov. 6 general election.
OKANOGAN – While the country tries to decide on the next president in the upcoming general election, there are only 30 days before the county sends out ballots and several state and local races need to be decided a well.
Several deadlines are also fast approaching, including the last day for mail-in voter registrations and updates for the Nov. 2 general election. This deadline is Saturday, Oct. 6, but registrations and updates can be filed online as late as Monday, Oct. 8 (Columbus Day). The last day for in-person registration for voters not currently registered in the state for the general election is Monday, Oct. 29.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140