Oroville’s volleyball team snapped a three-year losing streak with a sweep of Manson on Oct. 23.
Central Washington League
WHITE SWAN – A few weeks ago, the thought of Oroville’s football team even hanging with a powerful White Swan squad seemed a tad optimistic. The young Hornets have grown as the season has progressed. And there they were, in hostile territory on Friday, Oct. 19, trailing the Cougars 33-30 in the fourth quarter. Oroville [...]
Oroville quarterback Luke Kindred’s performance against Lake Roosevelt two weeks ago earned him the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association’s Athlete of the Week award, the the high school association announced on Oct. 18.
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker cruised to her third straight Central Washington League cross country title, leading the Hornet girls to their third straight team league title.
Cross Country .NCW Girls Finals: Oroville 21, Lk Roosevelt 34, Pateros NC, Liberty Bell NC, Riverside Christian NC. Sierra Speiker, Oroville, 19:49.66. Speiker (individual) and Hornets (team) win third straight league titles. NCW Boys Finals: Liberty Bell 20, Manson 43, Lk Roosevelt 70, Riverside Christian NC, Oroville NC. Liam Daily, LB, 17:03.29. Full Results Girls [...]
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League White Swan 41, Oroville 30 Tonasket 36, Omak 14 Cashmere 15, Cascade 14 Quincy 53, Okanogan 0 Chelan 55, Brewster 0 Liberty Bell 12, Lake Roosevelt 6 Bridgeport 14, Manson 12, (played Monday, 10/22) Football Standings / Scores / Schedules
Results for Oct. 18
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Soccer Tonasket 2, Omak 2 (Tonasket wins PK shootout) Liberty Bell 10, Oroville 0 Quincy 2, Chelan 0 Okanogan 3, Brewster 2 Cashmere 1, Cascade 0 Manson at Entiat Girls Soccer Standings / Scores / Schedules Volleyball Waterville 3, Oroville 1 (NL) Lake Roosevelt 3, Oroville 0 [...]
Oroville’s football team took care of business against a Lake Roosevelt team it knew it couldn’t allow to stay in the game, putting together a nearly mistake-free performance while beating the Raiders 45-19.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237