SPRINGDALE – The Oroville wrestling team still isn’t able to put the team on the mats that coach Chuck Ricevuto hoped to see at the beginning of the season. But that has given some of his younger wrestlers a chance to compete, and some of them are taking advantage of the opportunity, such as at [...]
Sports and Outdoors
COUER D’ALENE, ID – In 40 years the Tri-State Invitational has grown into one of the top high school wrestling tournaments in the country. Hosted by North Idaho College in Couer d’Alene, five states were represented this year as wrestlers from Washington, Oregon, Montana and Arizona converged on the North Idaho campus. Despite the fact [...]
Tonasket gets short end of the stick in wild finish
Oroville’s boys claimed a 61-47 victory at Columbia Basin Secondary School in Moses Lake as Zack Speiker scored a season-high 20 points.
The Tigers made a game of it, but a big early deficit proved too much to overcome as they lost 49-38 in a rematch of their season-opener eight days earlier.
OKANOGAN – The score wasn’t pretty, but Oroville girls basketball coach Mike Bourn was pleased with his team’s play in a 71-35 loss at Caribou Trail League favorite Okanogan on Thursday, Dec. 8. “We really didn’t go down there thinking we were going to pull off some big upset,” Bourn said. “Okanogan is loaded, and [...]
Tigers and Hornets face off in dual earlier in week
High School JV / Varsity Sports This Week Friday, Dec. 16 WR – Tonasket at Tri-State Invitational (Couer d&#195;&#173;Alene, ID) Saturday, Dec. 17 BB (JV/Var) – Liberty Bell at Tonasket 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. GB (Var/JV) – Liberty Bell at Tonasket 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. WR – Oroville at Springdale Invitational 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. [...]
Wrestling Omak PIT Tournament Team Scoring: Warden 220, Omak 113.5, Cashmere 108.5, Tonasket 93, JV All-Stars 90, Chelan 61, Okanogan 52.5, Concrete 45.5, Cascade 28, Port Townsend 23, Brewster 20, Republic 11. Finals: 105 – Jesus Dominguez, WARD, pin Jesus Dominguez, OKAN, 0:28 113 – Randy Hamilton, OKAN, dec. Joseph Pruneda, WARD, 5-3 120 – [...]
Tonasket has been deadly from the perimeter in its first two games, hitting a total of 22 3-pointers, including 12 against rival Oroville a 77-67 victory over the Hornets.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140