Irene Evelyn Thomas Birch passed away Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010.
Francis Marion Gowen passed away peacefully at home on May 18, 2010.
Dorothy was born in England on Sept. 12, 1935. She passed away Sept. 20, 2010 of a triple aortic aneurysm during surgery at Spokane Deaconess Hospital.
In loving memory of Isaac Parker, born Oct. 21, 1935.
Theresa Lynn Fancher-Newton, age 30, found her way home Sept. 23, 2010, due to complications following eye surgery in Salt Lake City, Utah. She was born in Omak, Wash., on Dec. 19, 1979, to Pamela J. (Rickel) Fancher and Scott Fancher.
Luella June (White) Essary, age 74, of Tonasket died on Thursday, Sept. 23, 2010 in Tonasket.
Lorna Jean Bevier of Riverside, Wash. joined her Lord on Sept. 12, 2010 at Tonasket Extended Care. She was born on Dec. 27, 1931 in Tonasket.
Veteran Arthur Leroy Hart of Port Orchard, Wash., passed away Sept. 2, 2010.
Ken ‘Doc’ Taylor, born Sept. 11, 1961 in Seattle passed away peacefully at home on Aug. 24, 2010 in Oroville, Wash.
Frank E. Lytle, Winnemucca, Nev., died peacefully at home on Saturday, Aug. 21, 2010.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140