TONASKET – Emergency safety was the main concern at the Tonasket City Council meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at city hall.
About Gazette-Tribune Staff
Stories by Gazette-Tribune Staff
Whether we are about to experience a complete collapse of our financial system is not completely clear. The stock market has been up and down like a roller coaster since the politicians forecast a complete “meltdown” if their bailout wasn’t approved.
AENEAS VALLEY – “Convenience with a healthy attitude” is the new motto for the Aeneas Valley store which reopened on Sept. 10.
TONASKET-The Tonasket Natural Foods Co-op has changed management recently.
TONASKET-Six years after working with a group to save the life of a climber from a rock fall, firefighter Dan Gleason has been awarded the Medal of Valor.
TONASKET- Along with new students to the Tonasket School District, five new teachers have started the school year this month.
TONASKET – Fall sports were the main focus of the Tonasket School Board meeting on Monday, Sept. 22 in the Tonasket School District boardroom.
OROVILLE-The field was striped, the bleachers were full, the lights were on and on Friday, Sept. 12, so were the Tonasket Tigers.
TONASKET-The 2008 Harvest Fest was the focus of the Tonasket Chamber of Commerce meeting on Tues., Sept. 9.
TONASKET – Business from the last Tonasket City Council meeting, including the need for a planner, carried over into last Tuesday’s meeting.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140