WENATCHEE – Lighter snowfall this past winter helped crews reopen the North Cascades Highway today, April 16, almost a month earlier than last year. Washington State Department of Transportation crews and drivers celebrated at 1 p.m. today, as both east and west side gates swung open. The highway reopened well in advance of the start of the lowland fishing season and the annual 49’er Days festival in Winthrop.
About Jeff Adamson
Stories by Jeff Adamson
OKANOGAN – Improvements are on the way for the busy US 97/Cameron Lake Road intersection – and local residents and drivers are invited to share their thoughts on several design options at an open house next month.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140