Oroville’s football team knew that Kittitas was going to run the ball. The Coyotes ran, and ran, and ran some more, not throwing a single pass while rushing for nearly 400 yards as they downed Oroville 38-14 on Friday, Sept. 22.
About Brent BakerBrent is a reporter for the Gazette-Tribune. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent started work at the G-T in 2011.
Stories by Brent Baker
LEAVENWORTH – Forest fires and the smoky conditions they have created haven’t slowed down the Cascade volleyball team. The Kodiaks, whose only loss of any kind this season came in a weekend tournament to 4A Eisenhower (and who beat Chelan for the first time in years last week) swept Tonasket on Saturday in three sets, [...]
Four days after a disappointing loss, Tonasket knocked off CTL power Cascade, 2-1.
Tonasket and Oroville raced Saturday at Plantes Ferry Park in Spokane.
Scores from Saturday’s action
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Scores Okanogan 42, Tonasket 21 Kittitas 38, Oroville 14 Quincy 41, Brewster 0 Cashmere 47, Chelan 0 (at Okanogan) Cascade 54, Omak 7 Liberty Bell 41, Manson 15 (at Okanogan) Liberty(Spangle) 44, Lake Roosevelt 13 (NL) White Swan 40, Bridgeport 15 Football standings / scores / schedules
Oroville’s girls soccer team put forth its most solid effort of the season Thursday, Sept. 20, playing on even footing with Entiat until a second half flurry by the Tigers finished off a 5-1 defeat of the Hornets.
Oroville’s volleyball team traveled to Bridgeport for a non-league contest on Thursday, Sept. 20, and suffered a 25-15, 25-14, 25-23 sweep at the hands of the Fillies.
Scores from Thursday’s action
From Tonasket athletic director Kevin Terris: Tonasket High School will be hosting KREM 2′s Tom Sherry Friday night for his 5 and 6 PM weather report. The Tonasket cheerleaders will be having a BBQ dinner available to all visitors, starting at 5 PM. Hamburgers, hotdogs, salad and beverage. The fee for dinner will $5 for [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140