The Tigers wrapped up their first district playoff berth since the 2006-7 season with Tuesday’s 67-58 victory at Omak.
About Brent BakerBrent is a reporter for the Gazette-Tribune. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent started work at the G-T in 2011.
Stories by Brent Baker
Tuesday’s basketball scores
TONASKET – The Tonasket Chamber of Commerce officially installed its new officers and presented its annual awards Thursday, Jan. 24, at its annual banquet and fundraising auction. The U.S. Armed Forces Legacy Project was announced as the Organization of the Year. II Sisters Video and Licensing was named Business of the Year. Scott Smith was [...]
Wrestling Tonasket 55, Okanogan 12 Quincy 57, Cashmere 12 Brewster at Omak Girls Basketball Chelan 60, Casscade 38 Boys Basketball Chelan 67, Cascade 26
TONASKET – Tonasket Middle and High Schools hosted their winter concert on Wednesday, Jan. 23, as the choirs and bands from both schools entertained a big crowd in the High School Commons. It was also an opportunity for the school to honor Mrs. Patti Middleton, who retired as the middle and high school music teacher [...]
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Brewster 87, Tonasket 37 Oroville 66, Liberty Bell 43 Okanogan 77, Omak 22 Chelan 49, Quincy 9 Cashmere 65, Cascade 39 Lake Roosevelt 68, Bridgeport 24 Manson 36, Kittitas 30 Girls Basketball Standings / Scores / Schedules Boys Basketball Brewster 63, Tonasket 48 Liberty Bell [...]
Tonasket went nose to nose with the Caribou Trail League favorites for most of the night before Chelan won four of the final five matches to defeat the Tigers 43-30.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Wrestling Chelan 43, Tonasket 30 Boys Basketball Riverside Christian 62, White Swan 40 Girls Basketball Riverside Christian 54, White Swan 41
OROVILLE – Oroville’s boys basketball team held its own for a half against division-leading Lake Roosevelt on Friday, Jan. 18. But the Hornets’ offense ran dry in the second half, and Lake Roosevelt pulled away with a 30-18 second half to hand Oroville a 53-38 defeat. The Raiders’ defense hounded Oroville’s leading scorer, Connor Hughes, [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140