Katie Tietje made Kittitas pay for its focus on shutting down Lily Hilderbrand.
Washington Interscholastic Activities Association
KITTITAS – A five hour bus trip didn’t do the Hornets any favors Saturday, as the fell behind early and lost 71-42 at Kittitas. The Coyotes burst out to a 35-13 halftime lead and never looked back. “We played our worst game so far,” said Oroville coach Allen Allie. “Turnovers were our downfall. you can’t [...]
Cascade comes back from a 20-point halftime deficit to edge Tigers in overtime.
Oroville’s wrestlers picked up a pair of individual champions and two runners-up at the Almira-Coulee/Hartline tournament on Saturday, Jan. 5.
Tonasket’s wrestling team brought home its third tournament title of the season on Saturday, Jan. 5, winning three individual championships and edging Mt. Baker and Warden in a tight three-way battle in the nine-team tournament. The Tigers ran up 191.5 points to Mt. Baker’s 185 and Warden’s 183. Kittitas was fourth with 135 and Cascade a distant fifth with 79.
Saturday’s hoops and wrestling results
Hornets overcome a tough shooting night to defeat Pateros.
Oroville girls revive in second half, but can’t overcome deficit in loss to Pateros.
Friday’s basketball scores
Tonasket couldn’t sustain a strong start in Thursday’s 57-27 loss to Omak.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140