Tonasket boys basketball coach Agustin Pedregon wanted to use the Brewster Christmas Tournament to measure the progress of his team, as the Tigers faced two opponents that they’d already played this season.
Washington Interscholastic Activities Association
North Okanogan Holiday Invitational results (at Oroville) Team Scoring Tonasket 179.5, Liberty Bell 121, Selkirk 113, Okanogan 108, Omak 107, Wilbur-Creston/Keller 82, Eastmont JV 82, Oroville 68, Almira-Coulee/Hartline 61, Brewster 60, Ritzville 42, Pateros 20, Republic 6. 106 lbs Championship – Anthony Payton (OKN) pinned Boyd Lorz (TON). 3. Rade Pilkinton (TON); 4. Tristan Chantry [...]
Tonasket boys fall at Cashmere
ENTIAT – Unforced errors had Oroville girls basketball coach Mike Bourn frustrated and his team on the wrong end of a 44-34 score after a Friday, Dec. 21, non-conference road game at Entiat. The Hornets entered a two week holiday break at .500 after the loss. “We just weren’t ready to go,” Bourn said. “We [...]
Friday’s scores – and a little Thursday action too
Brewster runs up a 69-point victory over the Tonasket girls
TONASKET – The 68-22 final score notwithstanding, Tonasket girls basketball coach Mike Larson was pleased with his team’s outing against Chelan, the second state title contender the Tigers faced in four days. The Tigers stuck with the Goats for a little while, trailing 16-8 at one point in the first half. Chelan went on to [...]
Tonasket led Chelan at halftime before falling on Saturday, 55-34.
Saturday’s high school sports action
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Brewster 76, Omak 35 Okanogan 66, Cascade 45 Entiat 73, Liberty Bell 33 (NL) Manson def. Waterville (NL) Almira-Coulee/Hartline 58, Kittitas 45 (NL) Sunnyside Christian 76, White Swan 52 (NL) Pateros 53, Lake Roosevelt 43 (NL) Girls basketball standings / scores / schedules Boys Basketball Brewster 56, Omak 47 Okanogan 63, Cascade 46 Liberty Bell 61, [...]
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237