Omak came back from a 2-0 halftime deficit to tie Tonasket, then beat the Tigers in a penalty kick shootout on Sept. 18.
Washington Interscholastic Activities Association
OROVILLE – The Oroville volleyball team had Entiat just where the Hornets wanted them. The Hornets took a 2-1 lead against the visiting Tigers on Saturday, Sept. 15, but couldn’t finish off the victory. Entiat came back to claim a 19-25, 25-18, 18-25, 25-23, 15-11 triumph. “(It) was a suspenseful one, to say the least,” [...]
Oroville’s football team scored first and last against visiting Davenport on Friday, Sept. 15. But what happened in the middle turned out to be the deciding factor as the Gorillas’ pulled away to a 41-14 victory in the Hornets’ final non-conference game before Central Washington 2B League play begins this week.
TONASKET – Tonasket struggled to hold onto the ball on Friday during its Caribou Trail League opener with Brewster, but managed to overcome seven fumbles in defeating the Bears 40-14 on the Tigers’ home field.With smoke filling the Okanogan River valley from fires in the Wenatchee area, the Tigers fumbled the ball away seven [...]
Oroville’s girls soccer team played a solid second half in its home opener on Thursday, Sept. 13, generating plenty of offensive chances and allowing just two goals. Unfortunately, the Hornets trailed 6-0 at the half, having allowed three goals in the opening eight minutes of play to dig an insurmountable hole and fell 8-0
Though lineups were depleted by athletes committed to the Okanogan County Fair, Tonasket hosted its season-opening cross country meet on Saturday, Sept. 8, with 74 runners competing.
2012 girls soccer standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
2012 volleyball standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
Tonasket beat Kettle Falls and Oroville edged Mary Walker to highlight area football action on Sept. 7.
The Oroville football team’s defense stiffened and the offense put together its best drive of the young season when it needed it most as the Hornets edged Mary Walker in Springdale on Friday, Sept. 7, 19-12.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140