Tonasket’s girls soccer team picked up a win it needed to have on Thursday, Sept. 27, defeating Chelan at home, 2-0.
Washington Interscholastic Activities Association
MANSON – A point here, a point there, and the Oroville volleyball team will have that long-awaited victory. The Hornets (0-6, 0-1 Central Washington League North Division) came that close to topping Manson on Thursday, Sept. 27, falling in five sets 24-26, 28-26, 25-10, 24-26, 15-12 to the Trojans. “Our girls hustled and played as [...]
BREWSTER – Brewster’s volleyball squad has had little trouble with the move back up to the 1A Caribou Trail League this season. The two time 2B state trophy-winners have had their way with all but league-leading Cascade — losing to the Kodiaks in five sets — and swept visiting Tonasket on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 25-8, 25-13, [...]
BREWSTER – Chandler Smith scored two goals for Brewster in the first half to stake her team to a 2-0 lead, and the Bears went on to defeat Tonasket 3-0 in a Caribou Trail League girls soccer match on Tuesday, Sept. 25. As Tonasket coach Darren Collins noted, every day in the CTL presents a [...]
It’s been a month since my last column, and while there is plenty to write about, nothing sticks out as something to write about at length. The smoke and the flies that have infested our office at the Gazette-Tribune aren’t the only things that are bugging me. So, here we go…
Tonasket fell behind 35-7 at halftime and looked like they were set to play most of the second half under the dreaded running clock. But the Tigers bounced back to make a game of it, “winning” the second half and throwing a bit of a scare into the Bulldogs before falling 42-21.
Oroville’s football team knew that Kittitas was going to run the ball. The Coyotes ran, and ran, and ran some more, not throwing a single pass while rushing for nearly 400 yards as they downed Oroville 38-14 on Friday, Sept. 22.
Four days after a disappointing loss, Tonasket knocked off CTL power Cascade, 2-1.
Oroville’s volleyball team traveled to Bridgeport for a non-league contest on Thursday, Sept. 20, and suffered a 25-15, 25-14, 25-23 sweep at the hands of the Fillies.
Tonasket’s volleyball team got off to a lightning-quick start against Omak, but couldn’t maintain their momentum as the Pioneers came back for a 17-25, 25-12, 25-12, 25-18 victory over the Tigers.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140