The Tonasket volleyball team was swept by Okanogan on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 25-18, 25-20, 25-13.
Washington Interscholastic Activities Association
Friday 10/12 football
OROVILLE – Tonasket’s girls soccer team earned a 6-0 non-league victory at Oroville on Thursday, Oct. 11, using hat tricks by Kylie Dellinger and Christa McCormick to account for all of their scoring. The Tigers led 4-o at the half, but could have had quite a few more if not for Oroville goalkeeper Tosca Pickering, [...]
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Scores Girls Soccer Tonasket 6, Oroville 0 (NL) Cascade 2, Okanogan 1 Eastmont 4, Chelan 0 (NL) Liberty Bell 5, Manson 0 Girls Soccer Standings / Scores / Schedules Volleyball Liberty Bell 3, Oroville 2 Chelan 3, Cascade 1 Cashmere 3, Okanogan Bridgeport 3, Lake Roosevelt 0 Riverside Christian3, [...]
Tonasket’s cross country teams took to the road Tuesday, Oct. 9, to run at the Republic Invitational, which also served as the District 7 1B/2B meet.
The Oroville volleyball team keeps improving. Hopefully that improvement will soon result in a victory as the Hornets pushed Lake Roosevelt to five sets on Tuesday, Oct. 9 before falling.
Oroville’s volleyball team lost to Entiat in four sets on the road Saturday.
Outplayed for three quarters and shorthanded due to injuries, Oroville’s football team bounced back with a big fourth quarter comeback to keep its playoff hopes alive with a 28-27 victory at Liberty Bell on Friday, Oct. 5.
Tonasket’s Oscar Avilez took runner-up honors at Lake Roosevelt’s cross country invitational on Oct. 6.
For one of the few times this year, Oroville’s Sierra Speiker didn’t win a cross country race, or challenge the winner.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140