Oct. 6 Volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country Results
Chelan’s powerhouse volleyball team was too much for Tonasket.
CWL-leading Bridgeport swept Oroville on Oct. 2.
Tuesday night’s scores
PATEROS – Oroville’s volleyball team took on defending state 2B tournament participant Pateros, which is looking for a return trip to state this season after dropping down to the 1B ranks. The Nannies are no less imposing, however, as they swept past the Hornets 25-17, 25-15, 25-10. “(We) started this game with great intensity and [...]
High school sports scores from Sept. 29.
MANSON – A point here, a point there, and the Oroville volleyball team will have that long-awaited victory. The Hornets (0-6, 0-1 Central Washington League North Division) came that close to topping Manson on Thursday, Sept. 27, falling in five sets 24-26, 28-26, 25-10, 24-26, 15-12 to the Trojans. “Our girls hustled and played as [...]
State 1A volleyball power Chelan may have a relatively young team but is proving to be no less imposing than it has been in adding to its collection of state trophies in recent years. Tonasket took its lumps in the Goats’ home floor on Thursday, Sept. 27, absorbing a 25-19, 25-8, 25-9 defeat.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Scores Girls Soccer Tonasket 2, Chelan 0 Oroville at Bridgeport Omak 6, Quincy 0 Girls soccer standings / scores / schedules Volleyball Chelan 3, Tonasket 0 Omak 3, Quincy 0 Bridgeport 3, Liberty Bell 0 Mason 3, Lake Roosevelt 2 Wahluke 3, Kittitas 2 Volleyball standings / scores / schedules
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237