TONASKET – Tonasket first response agencies and Mayor Patrick Plumb met Friday evening to make contingency plans should the Carleton Complex fire become a threat to the greater Tonasket area. The fire, which was ignited by lightning Monday evening, exploded from about 18,000 acres in four separate conflagrations Thursday into a 170,000 acre nightmare by [...]
TONASKET – The fifth annual Conscious Culture Festival, which blends music, art and education, will take place in the highlands above Tonasket June 20 through 22.
Founders Day Parade, Shane Proctor Invitational Rodeo, Tonasket Street Dance … we may not have seen it all, but we saw a lot!
TONASKET – Gaining a sense of closure hasn’t come easily for Claire Jeffko. She wasn’t sure it would be possible to find it, not since her husband of about 30 years, Ed Jeffko, vanished without a trace in his small, homebuilt fiberglass airplane.
Ernest D. Dahlgren, 66, of Tonasket died May 10, 2014 in Tonasket.
TONASKET – Tonasket’s 79th annual Founders Day weekend will see some significant changes this year, beginning Thursday, May 29, and highlighted the arrival of the Professional Bull Riders circuit Friday and Saturday, as well as Saturday night’s street dance in town.
TONASKET – A Tonasket School Librarian was arrested May 20 for sexual misconduct with a student 19 years her junior.
TONASKET - The Public Utility District No. 1 of Okanogan County will be performin Service Affecting Maintenance on the optical fiber infrastructure in Tonasket on the morning of Friday, April 25, 2014 from 12:01 AM until 6:00 AM. During this time period ALL traffic to Tonasket Nortons Knob, AP30035 (Double AP WIFI site just north of [...]
OROVILLE – Wilbur “Web” Hallauer, former Oroville City Councilman, state representative and state senator, passed away at age 99 in his Oroville home Thursday, Dec. 19.
Although he was born in New York state, Oroville’s elder statesman moved to Washington when he was 12-years-old, settling in Yakima. From there he went to the University of Washington in Seattle and after graduating moved to Oroville to run the family’s fruit processing plant Valley Evaporating Company, making dried apples and other products.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140