Raymond Elmer Colbert, a life-long orchardist and community volunteer, passed away peacefully at his home on Boundary Lane in Oroville, Washington on January 1st.
Tonasket School Board
TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board, in its annual reorganization of the three specific positions held by board members, opted not to make any changes to its makeup. In three separate unanimous votes, Jerry Asmussen will continue as board chair; Catherine Stangland will continue as board vice chair; and Lloyd Caton will continue as the [...]
A presentation by Tonasket School District administrators explaining the latest method of evaluating school proficiency turned into a lengthy discussion about the district’s scores and the constantly shifting landscape that districts have to cope with in evaluating their effectiveness.
Plans to run a capital levy for Tonasket School District’s facility needs will likely be delayed after a facility tour with an architect revealed issues that needed to be considered, said TSD superintendent Paul Turner at the Monday, Sept. 24, school board meeting.
TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board heard a request from the Peaceful Valley Christian School at its Monday, Sept. 10 board meeting, which asked that a pair of students be allowed to utilize the district’s bus transportation. The students live on Toroda Creek Road, outside of Wauconda. District transportation director Jeff Yeckel was approached by Peaceful [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140