Updated 10:05 p.m.
TONASKET – Devin Martinez, Aan 18-year-old Tonasket Hhigh Sschool student, is in custody after being spotted on the Tonasket High School campus with what turned out to be a pellet gun, causing a district-wide lockdown for nearly an hour on Thursday, Oct. 24.
Tonasket Police Department
Updated 10:05 p.m.
75 YEARS AGO
December 3 – 10, 1937: 1938 vehicle license plates will be available beginning Dec. 1, at the county auditor’s office. Obtaining the 1938 plates is a simple process. There are only two things necessary – one, the registration the event that vehicle owner’s certificate and two, the certificate of title and enough money to cover the cost of plates and to pay the state excise tax for the type of automobile being driven.
What cops look for when you’ve been stopped Traffic stops are by far the most dangerous part of a law officer’s job (outside of calls for domestic violence). There is a constant level of unpredictability in any traffic stop, especially at night. You may know you are a safe driver and good person in general, [...]
RADAR Myths and Information for drivers Many individuals have misunderstandings about how Radar units work, how the officers use them and under what circumstances they are and can be used. Here are some common misunderstandings and myths about Radar for traffic/speed control. MYTH: “The Radar must have my speed locked in to make it a [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140