Tiger wrestlers claim their fourth tournament title of the season, this time at home.
Tonasket High School
Raymond Elmer Colbert, a life-long orchardist and community volunteer, passed away peacefully at his home on Boundary Lane in Oroville, Washington on January 1st.
Cascade comes back from a 20-point halftime deficit to edge Tigers in overtime.
Tonasket’s wrestling team brought home its third tournament title of the season on Saturday, Jan. 5, winning three individual championships and edging Mt. Baker and Warden in a tight three-way battle in the nine-team tournament. The Tigers ran up 191.5 points to Mt. Baker’s 185 and Warden’s 183. Kittitas was fourth with 135 and Cascade a distant fifth with 79.
Tonasket couldn’t sustain a strong start in Thursday’s 57-27 loss to Omak.
Tonasket’s boys basketball team bounced back from a 13-point first half deficit — twice — to knock off Omak on Thursday.
Tonasket’s wrestling team took seventh-place at Royal on Saturday, Dec. 29, thanks partly to the tough nature of the tournament, but also to the fact that the Tigers were missing starters Jeffrey Stedtfeld, Austin Booker and Austin Knowlton.
Tonasket boys basketball coach Agustin Pedregon wanted to use the Brewster Christmas Tournament to measure the progress of his team, as the Tigers faced two opponents that they’d already played this season.
North Okanogan Holiday Invitational results (at Oroville) Team Scoring Tonasket 179.5, Liberty Bell 121, Selkirk 113, Okanogan 108, Omak 107, Wilbur-Creston/Keller 82, Eastmont JV 82, Oroville 68, Almira-Coulee/Hartline 61, Brewster 60, Ritzville 42, Pateros 20, Republic 6. 106 lbs Championship – Anthony Payton (OKN) pinned Boyd Lorz (TON). 3. Rade Pilkinton (TON); 4. Tristan Chantry [...]
Tonasket boys fall at Cashmere
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140