Tonasket’s girls soccer team scored an eventful 4-3 victory over Liberty Bell in the Tigers’ season-opener on Thursday, Sept. 6, notching a pair of short-handed goals in the final 10 minutes to earn the come-from-behind win.
Tonasket High School
Tonasket 3, Liberty Bell 1 TONASKET – The Tigers bounced back from a first game loss to defeat Liberty Bell in four games on Sept. 6, 20-25, 25-20, 25-18, 25-18. “With more and more court time our girls will gain the confidence they need to compete,” said Tonasket coach Jackie Gliddon. Leading the way for [...]
Despite playing short-handed, Oroville gave Tonasket everything it could handle in Tuesday’s non-conference volleyball opener for both teams. Tonasket’s Devan Utt served up three straight aces to put the Tigers in control of the fifth and decisive game of a 3-2 (25-18, 23-25, 25-19, 23-25, 15-6) victory.
Tonasket’s football team dominated Bridgeport in its season opener on Friday, Aug. 31, behind four touchdowns by Michael Orozco.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140