LEAVENWORTH – Forest fires and the smoky conditions they have created haven’t slowed down the Cascade volleyball team. The Kodiaks, whose only loss of any kind this season came in a weekend tournament to 4A Eisenhower (and who beat Chelan for the first time in years last week) swept Tonasket on Saturday in three sets, [...]
Tonasket High School
Four days after a disappointing loss, Tonasket knocked off CTL power Cascade, 2-1.
Tonasket and Oroville raced Saturday at Plantes Ferry Park in Spokane.
From Tonasket athletic director Kevin Terris: Tonasket High School will be hosting KREM 2′s Tom Sherry Friday night for his 5 and 6 PM weather report. The Tonasket cheerleaders will be having a BBQ dinner available to all visitors, starting at 5 PM. Hamburgers, hotdogs, salad and beverage. The fee for dinner will $5 for [...]
TONASKET – Thanks to the continuing issues with smoke in the Wenatchee area, games involving Tonasket and Oroville sports teams have had their locations changed. Oroville and Entiat’s two upcoming girls soccer games have been flip-flopped. Entiat played at Oroville today (instead of in Entiat) and the Hornets will travel to Entiat on Sept. 25, [...]
Tonasket’s volleyball team got off to a lightning-quick start against Omak, but couldn’t maintain their momentum as the Pioneers came back for a 17-25, 25-12, 25-12, 25-18 victory over the Tigers.
Omak came back from a 2-0 halftime deficit to tie Tonasket, then beat the Tigers in a penalty kick shootout on Sept. 18.
Catie Arrigoni, a 2011 Oroville graduate running for Everett Community College, earned a ninth-place finish at the prestigious Sundodger Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 15. Zack Speiker, a freshman also from Oroville, was 62nd out of 237.
TONASKET – Tonasket came back from dropping its first two sets against Quincy on Saturday, Sept. 15, forcing a fifth set before falling to the Jackrabbits. Quincy took the CTL match 25-15, 25-15, 23-25, 20-25, 15-9. “Tonight my juniors stepped up their games and played really well,” said Tonasket coach Jackie Gliddon. “The girls hung [...]
TONASKET – Tonasket struggled to hold onto the ball on Friday during its Caribou Trail League opener with Brewster, but managed to overcome seven fumbles in defeating the Bears 40-14 on the Tigers’ home field.With smoke filling the Okanogan River valley from fires in the Wenatchee area, the Tigers fumbled the ball away seven [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140