OROVILLE – Tonasket’s girls soccer team earned a 6-0 non-league victory at Oroville on Thursday, Oct. 11, using hat tricks by Kylie Dellinger and Christa McCormick to account for all of their scoring. The Tigers led 4-o at the half, but could have had quite a few more if not for Oroville goalkeeper Tosca Pickering, [...]
Tonasket High School
Tonasket’s cross country teams took to the road Tuesday, Oct. 9, to run at the Republic Invitational, which also served as the District 7 1B/2B meet.
Tonasket’s Oscar Avilez took runner-up honors at Lake Roosevelt’s cross country invitational on Oct. 6.
TONASKET – That certainly wasn’t part of Tonasket’s script for the week. After a week of Homecoming celebrations and activities, the Tigers hoped to top things off with a Caribou Trail League football victory over Cascade on Friday, Oct. 5. Big and strong on the line and speedy at the skill positions, the Kodiaks scored [...]
Tonasket bounced back from its loss to Cashmere earlier in the week by defeating Chelan in a penalty kick shootout on Thursday, Oct. 4.
Chelan’s powerhouse volleyball team was too much for Tonasket.
Tonasket Homecoming Powder Puff Football Results
TONASKET – Not much went Tonasket’s way in a Tuesday, Oct. 2, 5-0 loss to defending Caribou Trail League champion Cashmere. While the Bulldogs haven’t been clicking on all cylinders to the level they did last season, they were more than up to the task against a shorthanded Tonasket squad. Midfielder Megan Beyers was out [...]
OMAK – Tonasket’s Oscar Avilez ran his best race of the year to date at Omak on Tuesday, Oct. 2, earning a sixth-place finish out of more than 130 runners at the Omak Invitational. Avilez finished in 17:01 on the three-mile course. “Oscar did run his best race of the year,” said Tonasket coach Bob Thornton. [...]
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker added another feather to her figurative cap Saturday at the Can-Am Invitational, winning a battle with an Idaho Class 5A runner to claim the full 5k cross country race.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140