TONASKET – Brewster scored a controversial golden goal in overtime to defeat the Tonasket girls soccer team 2-1 in a Caribou Trail League match on Tuesday, Oct. 26. Brewster was awarded a penalty kick about two minutes into the first “golden goal” overtime period after a collision near the top of the box. Tigers goalkeeper [...]
Tonasket High School
TONASKET – Tonasket’s volleyball team overcame a slow start to challenge Cascade in the middle set of Saturday’s Caribou Trail League volleyball match but were ultimately swept by the league co-leaders, 25-4, 25-18, 25-8. “(We) weren’t awake or ready to play the first game,” said Tonaskett coach Jackie Gliddon. “We came alive in the second [...]
TONASKET – A long month of playing the top teams in the Caribou Trail League — which are also some of the best 1A teams in the state — came to a happy end for the Tonasket football team Friday, Oct. 19, as the Tigers pulled away from Omak in the second half to claim [...]
Once again, Tonasket’s girls soccer team showed once again it could go toe-to-toe with a high-powered opponent like Cascade in a 2-0 loss to the Kodiaks on Saturday.
The Tonasket volleyball team fell to Omak for the second time this season, losing 25-13, 25-15 and 25-21 to the Pioneers.
Tonasket and Omak went to a penalty kick shootout for the second time in two girls soccer meetings this season on Tuesday, Oct. 16.
QUINCY – The Tonasket volleyball team was swept in three sets at Quincy on Saturday, Oct. 13. Leading the Tigers were Devan Utt with 6-of-7 serving, 1 ace and 2 kills; Jenny Bello with 10-of-12 serving; Cassie Spear with 4-of-4 serving and 1 ace; Rachael Sawyer with 1 kill; and Ahlia Young with 1 kill.
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker won the Hornets’ home invitational by over a minute and a half, while Liam Daily of Liberty Bell won a battle with Republic’s Duncan Forsman to claim victory on the boys side on a damp Saturday morning, Oct. 13.
Quincy’s football team posted its fourth consecutive shutout at the expense of Tonasket on Friday, Oct. 13.
The Tonasket volleyball team was swept by Okanogan on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 25-18, 25-20, 25-13.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140