YAKIMA – Due to rising temperatures and spring runoff, water levels in Osoyoos Lake are rising. In some years, this can result in temporary flooding on properties around the lake.
Dear Editor, I am responding to a recent Gazette-Tribune article about Enloe Dam, which featured unsupported predictions from the PUD on how much it might cost to remove the dam. The PUD’s cost estimates have no basis in reality and seem more intended to shock ratepayers into letting the PUD off the hook on its [...]
OROVILLE – While they may never have been accused of it, at least to their faces, the Oroville City Council “literally” conducted business in the dark when the power went out about halfway through their meeting Tuesday, Sept. 17.
Rick Michael Allen, 51, passed on Dec. 25 at home in Oroville after a long and brave battle with cancer. Rick grew up in Oroville fishing and prospecting at his favorite spots such as Palmer Lake, Molson Lake, Similkameen River and Myers Creek. He attended schools in Oroville and graduated from Oroville High School in [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140