Corene Curtis has rented a chair to cut hair at His & Hers Haircuts at 814 Central Ave. #2 in Oroville. Curtis, an Oroville native who moved away, says “I’m back.” She has been a cosmetologist since 1997 and came back home to cut hair.
OROVILLE – What began as Oroville United Growers in 1938, has grown into Oroville’s one remaining warehouse, Gold Digger Apples and this May 24th marks the growers’ cooperative’s 75th Anniversary.
OROVILLE – A fire in the early morning hours last Sunday at Hometown Pizza and Pasta in Oroville was limited to mostly smoke damage because of the quick reporting by the owner of the recently opened Pastime Bar and Grill.
Raymond Elmer Colbert, a life-long orchardist and community volunteer, passed away peacefully at his home on Boundary Lane in Oroville, Washington on January 1st.
OROVILLE – Imagine. It’s a few days after Christmas. The gifts have been exchanged, friends and family have been well fed and well loved, it is nippy outside, and the kids are bored already…The perfect solution is just around the Christmas corner.
Neil Cuff was born in Vancouver, B.C. and was the only child of Percy and Phyllis Cuff. He attended school in Vancouver and completed university at UBCV faculty of Physical Education.
Dennis Robert Lorz, 64, of Tonasket, beloved son, husband, father, grandfather and friend passed away suddenly on Dec. 22nd 2012.
OROVILLE – The Oroville City Council approved a 2013 Budget of $8 million, $1.5 million more than last year due to additional projects.
OROVILLE – There is an immediate opening on the Oroville School Board in Director Position 2.
The prospective candidate must live within the boundaries described as follows: “Starting at the intersection of Chesaw Rd and East Oroville Road. Southerly on East Oroville Rd to US Hwy 97…
OKANOGAN – What a difference a week makes, it looks like Supt. Steve Quick got the miracle he was hoping for as Oroville School District’s three-year capital improvement levy is now ahead in the ballot count by 58 votes.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140